DEPARTMENT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
St. Petersburg State University of Forestry under Kirov ( SPbSFTU ) has more than 50 years of experience in international cooperation in the field of education and science in the fields of forestry with the majority of higher education institutions in the world.
Since 1953, the University provides training to foreign nationals. Over the years the University has more than 3 million foreign experts to 47 countries , many of whom hold leadership roles and leading position in the timber industry, research institutes and universities in the forest complex in their countries. SPbSFTU regularly participates in international educational programs . One of the main international activities is the conclusion of agreements with universities in other countries in the field of education.
SPbSFTU accepts foreign students who received scholarships to study in Russian universities in his country's program "DAAD".
An important direction of the international activities of the university is involved in the development of pilot projects offered by the Centre Tempus Tacis.
Since 2002, the Department of International Relations University conducts seminars with representatives of the Consulates General and Language centers in Sank Petersburg to get acquainted with Russian students SPbGLTU international educational programs for future participation.
In recent years, the university signed a number of cooperation agreements with universities in other countries to attract foreign nationals on various types and forms of instruction : Russian language courses , adaptation program courses preparatory faculty in the natural sciences , faculties, graduate, postgraduate.
INTERNATIONAL CENTRE OF FORESTRY AND FOREST INDUSTRIES ( ICFFI )
St. Petersburg State Forest Technical Academy - the oldest university in Russia forest (founded in 1803 ) - has been actively involved in the development of international cooperation on sustainable forest management and forestry development.
One of the most significant steps in this direction was the creation of an initiative of the International Centre of Forestry and Forest Industry ( ICFFI ) at the Academy . Coordinator of the project was the University of Joensuu ( Finland) with the financial support of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry of Finland. Design study was completed in 1995. Order establishing ICFFI was signed November 15, 1995 by the Minister of Education of Russia.
ICFFI task is to use the potential in the field of education , science and business cooperation with foreign educational and research organizations interested in developing cooperation with Russia and other CIS countries. Center acts as a unifying element between Russia and Western countries , taking advantage of its geographical location and the presence of international contacts.
The Center is actively involved in various international and regional projects as science and education , for example, in such international projects training masters as MScEF, EUFOFORESTER, Sufonama. He is also the project coordinator FORPEC, carried out on the basis of Forestry Academy.
Actively cooperates with international research organizations such as EFI, IUFRO and others.
In addition, established contacts with various kinds of industrial enterprises of all sectors of the forest industry, which allows you to actively involve business representatives in science and education.
For each of the areas of the Centre is ready to provide international and national organizations and citizens following basic services:
In the field of education:
- Training of foreign and Russian students on a commercial basis by the state educational programs , individual programs and new disciplines;
- Post-graduate education ( second degree , postgraduate , doctoral courses );
- Preparation and submission of joint proposals to international and national educational programs and funds;
- The exchange of teachers and students to conduct theoretical and practical lessons.
In the field of science:
- Preparation and submission of joint proposals to international and national programs and funds , the implementation of joint research projects;
- Organization of international scientific and technical conferences and seminars with the publication of scientific papers ;
In the field of industrial and commercial activity :
- Assist in establishing mutually beneficial business relations between Russian and foreign entrepreneurs to implement advanced machines and technologies forest complex;
- Representation of the information services market Russian forest products;
- Services for organizing exhibitions, fairs, opening offices;
- Organization of joint ventures in the forest complex , etc.